Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Motherhood

I felt prompted today to make two posts. I just thought I would share one of the small daily challenges of parenting a one year old! Just to preface, I love being a mom, I love it more than I ever imagined I would and most of the time when stuff like this happens I just think it's funny.

Showers. A simple, daily routine that I took for granted before Gabriel. Well, maybe not took for granted, but my definition of a "quick" shower changed. In the beginning, I was doing good to get one before Stephen got home from work. Then, eventually, we found a routine and things got easier. But there are still days like today. Days when Gabriel says he doesn't need a morning nap but we have to go somewhere, and I need to get ready. So most of the time, if he doesn't take a morning nap, I give him something to play with in my room and quickly take a shower and everything is fine. But then there are times that he gets curious. What am I doing? He wants to know. Gabriel thinks that shower curtain has all sorts of undiscovered uses. A cape, a hiding place, a disguise, a hat, a burrito to roll up in, it can be any of those things. Especially fun is taking the entire curtain out of the shower and "fluffing it". Not to mention how funny it is to throw our animal cookies into the shower. Lets just say that the above listed things do make getting out of the house any faster. The bathroom floor including the bathmats are now covered with a thin coat of water. The entire bathroom. The baby from head to toe is wet. And there are wet little footprints trailing into the bedroom. Motherhood, it's an adventure.











3 Comments:

Blogger The Proctors said...

So cute!!!! Beautiful pictures!

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this entry... We want more now!
Mama

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thrill of discovery!

POP

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home